The Rogus Score Player provides a way to automatically play sequences
of MIDI messages. The Score Player handles such things as scheduling,
channel management, and keeping track of state (i. e. making sure
there are no stuck notes).
The following classes are mostly just used in the internal
implementation of the score player, although they may occasionally be
of use for other purposes:
- A Score is an object which represents a
score which can be played.
- A ScoreCreationInfo is an
object which describes how to create a Score from a Filedata.
- A ScorePlayer is an object which
can play a Score. It keeps track of the position in the Score, and
provides methods for starting, stopping, moving around, etc.
- A MidiFilter is an abstract base
class which represents manipulations that can be done to the MIDI
messages that are being sent out.
- A Transposer is a subclass of
MidiFilter, which changes the transposition of a Score.
- A Recorder is an object which can
record MIDI events.
- A State is an object which keeps track of what
state the synthesizer is in, so that the state can be restored to a
known state when playing a Score in a random-access manner.
- A ChannelState is an object which
keeps track of the state of a single channel.
- A PerChannel is an array specialized for
keeping track of things that are indexed by node and channel.
Modified 15 January 1996 email@example.com