"The expressions on the children's faces were so moving, I will remember
the day for the rest of my life. The whole orchestra and I unanimously
agree that [Toy Symphony] is one of the most important things we have ever
done, and that we will now commit more and more of our time, energy and
budget to forwarding the agenda of introducing music to the next
- Kent Nagano, conductor, Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin
"The whole Toy Symphony was really interesting, innovative, and great fun.
Working with the children, performing with them...It was a powerful
experience for the kids but for me as well. It's an amazing feeling to
achieve something this rich in such a short time."
- Judith Hoch, workshop leader, Toy Symphony Berlin
"Toy Symphony was an important experience for me, and gave me new
confidence in my abilities."
- Annina, 10 years old, workshop participant
"With Hyperscore I learned that everybody, even kids, can make music."
- Daniel Weschke, 9 years old, workshop participant
"It was amazing that I could compose a whole piece without using musical
- Igor Quakatz, 10 years old, workshop participant
"I had a very special collaboration and communication with my workshop
- Lukas v. Below, 9 years old, workshop participant
"I thought that it would be boring, but it was a lot of fun."
- Katharina, 8 years old, workshop participant